How to Create Azure SQL Database:
Category : Uncategorized
Azure SQL Database is a relational database-as-a-service (DBaaS) hosted in the Azure cloud that falls into the category of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Azure SQL Database is a fully managed Database Engine that handles most of the database management functions such as upgrading,patching, backups, and monitoring without user involvement.
Microsoft Azure provides, three deployment options for an Azure SQL database:
i) Single database:
ii) Elastic pool:
ii) Managed instance:
Login on Azure portal and create a Azure SQL Database:
1) Sign into the Azure portal.
2) Click on Create a resource. Select Databases and then Click on SQL Database.
3) Go to the Basics tab, and Project Details section: Select Subscription and Resource group
4) In the Database Details section:
Choose the database Name
Create new Server:
Select Compute + storage then click Apply
5) Select the Additional settings tab.
In the Data source section, under Use existing data, Choose default ” None” and start with Start with a blank database. 6) When the process completes, click Pin to dashboard to pin your database server to the dashboard so that you have quick access when you need it later.
7) Query the database.
Watch below video for complete steps about “How to Create Azure SQL Database”.